In this post, we’ll cover what PeopleSmart and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleSmart.
What is PeopleSmart?
PeopleSmart is a company that provides access to public records and personal information. In 2014, PeopleSmart was acquired by BeenVerified, and the two companies now operate under the BeenVerified brand.
To protect yourself from data brokers like PeopleSmart.com, you can sign up with Optery for a free Exposure Scan or upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our expert Privacy Agents help you with your removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from PeopleSmart?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleSmart:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleSmart by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleSmart Manually?
1) Go to the https://www.peoplesmart.com/ website. Scroll down the page and click on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button.
3) In the fields provided, enter your First and Last Name, choose the State where you live from the drop down box and then click the “Search” button.
4) Locate your profile from the search results and click on the green “Proceed to Opt Out” button to the right of your name.
5) In the opt out submission form, enter your email address, complete the security Captcha and click on the “Send Verification Email” button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6) You will receive a verification email with information regarding your opt out request.
7) Check your inbox for an opt out email. Open the email and click on the “Verify Opt Out” button in the action box.
8) An on-screen notification will appear confirming your removal request from the PeopleSmart site.
NOTE: If you receive a “Blacklisted” error during your opt out submission, refer to the PeopleSmart FAQ on the website or contact customer care with your opt out request.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.