In this post, we’ll cover what BeenVerified is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of BeenVerified.
What is BeenVerified?
BeenVerified is a data broker that has access to billions of public records. BeenVerified website visitors are able to perform searches on individuals using various methods and then obtain detailed personal information about that individual. Below are the search options available on the BeenVerified website:
- Name Search
- Vehicle Search
- Phone Number Search
- Address Search
- Vehicle Search
If you are concerned about your personal information being displayed on data broker sites like BeenVerified, protect your personal information and opt out.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from BeenVerified?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like BeenVerified:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from BeenVerified by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of BeenVerified Manually?
1) Go to the BeenVerified homepage here: https://www.beenverified.com Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link under Help.
2) To begin the opt out process, you will need to search for your record. Follow the search instructions and then click Search.
3) Find your personal record from the search results and click Proceed to Opt Out.
4) In the opt out request form, enter your email address, complete the security CAPTCHA and then click Send Verification Email.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) A notification message will confirm your opt out request and instruct you to check your inbox for an opt out verification email from BeenVerified.
6) Check your inbox for the verification email from BeenVerified and open it. Click the Verify Opt-Out button in the email.
7) Confirmation of your opt out request will be displayed. BeenVerified will remove your personal information from their website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.