What is CheckPeople?
CheckPeople provides access to a peoples’ information. Their search navigation uses a person’s name or phone number. They offer up-to-date data compiled from various sources. CheckPeople claims to make it possible for ordinary individuals to conduct background search tools in a non-complex way.
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like CheckPeople to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from CheckPeople?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from CheckPeople depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on CheckPeople using CheckPeople's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of CheckPeople Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to CheckPeople (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of CheckPeople Manually?
1) Go to their opt-out page https://checkpeople.com/do-not-sell-info.
2) Fill the form with information, perform CAPTCHA, and hit the Search button.
3) Locate your profile from the search result. Once you confirm your profile, click the ‘REMOVE RECORD’ button found on the right corner of the profile. Note: If the search result is too broad, you can use the filters on the left side to narrow down the result.
4) You will be re-directed to another form for confirmation. Just copy/paste the name that appears on the upper part. Provide your email, perform CAPTCHA and submit the opt-out request. Note: For added protection, we recommend using a disposable email address anytime you interact with a Data Broker. See our Help article here for more info.
5) An on screen confirmation will appear if your opt-out request is successful.
6) Open your inbox and check if you receive a confirmation email. Click the confirmation button to complete the request.
7) You will receive an email that confirms the removal of your profile. Usually, it takes 2-days or weeks to remove your profile.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out. However, there are hundreds more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.