In this post, we’ll cover what People-Search.org is and show Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of People-Search.org.
What is People-Search.org?
People-Search.org is a website that collects personal information by scanning billions of public records that include voting records, arrest records, criminal records, and marriage and divorce information. Performing a search will reveal phone numbers, previous addresses, aliases, age and date of birth, and family members.
If you are concerned about online privacy and security, Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information from sites like People-Search.org. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from People-Search.org?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like People-Search.org:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from People-Search.org by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of People-Search.org Manually?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to the People-Search.org website here: https://www.people-search.org/ Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage. To begin your opt out, you will need to search for your record on the People-Search.org site. In the Search by Common Last Names section, click the first letter of your last name.
NOTE: Using the other search options on the People-Search.org website might redirect you to other websites. Use the search method in Step 1 to ensure your opt out from the People-Search.org website.
2) Find your last name from the list and click it.
3) Find your first name from the list and click it.
4) Personal records with detailed information will be displayed. Find your record and click the request removal link located on the lower part of your record.
5) A removal form will appear below your record. Enter your first and last name, email address and reason for your opt out. Check the verification box, complete the security CAPTCHA and click Submit Removal Request.
6) Confirmation that your opt out request has been submitted will appear. Your personal information will be removed from the People-Search.org website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.