How to Opt Out of SmartBackgroundChecks.com | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what SmartBackgroundChecks.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of SmartBackgroundChecks.com.
What is SmartBackgroundChecks.com?
SmartBackgroundChecks.com is a people search website. Users of the site can search for just about anyone and view detailed personal information about them. Address history, email address, location information, phone numbers, social network information, names of relatives and associates, and public records information can be easily accessed on the SmartBackgroundChecks.com site.
There is no guarantee that the personal data for individuals is current or accurate on SmartBackgroundChecks.com.
Your own personal information can be sold to websites like SmartBackgroundChecks.com, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
If you would like your personal information removed from SmartBackgroundChecks.com, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of SmartBackgroundChecks.com provided below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ”PeopleFinders”:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ”PeopleFinders” by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of SmartBackgroundChecks.com Manually?
- Go to the SmartBackgroundChecks site here: https://smartbackgroundchecks.com/ Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the web page and click Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Enter your email address, check the box to confirm your removal request, complete the security CAPTCHA, and then click the Accept Terms & Start Removal button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
- Navigate to your profile records by clicking search features. You will be redirected to the SmartBackgroundChecks profile search page.
- Enter your first, middle and last name and the city and state where you live in the search form and click Search. You can also search by your address or phone number. Select the appropriate tab, enter the required information and click Search.
- Select your profile from the search results by clicking on your name.
- Click on the yellow Request My Record To Be Removed bar.
- An on-screen notification will appear confirming your opt out request. Check your email inbox for an email from SmartBackgroundChecks.
- To complete your opt out request, open the email from SmartBackgroundChecks and click on the validation link included.
- Your opt out request will be processed and your personal information will be removed within 72 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.