SocialCatfish: How to Opt Out of SocialCatfish | Step-by-Step Instructions
What is SocialCatfish?
SocialCatfish is an online dating inquiry service that verifies people are who they say they are by providing access to billions of public records. A simple search will reveal images, physical addresses, social media profiles, phone numbers, emails, and even the names of relatives. The scale and availability of personal information SocialCatfish shares is astounding. Follow the step-by-step instructions to Opt Out of SocialCatfish. Opt Out instructions for CA/NV residents are also provided.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like SocialCatfish:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from SocialCatfish by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of SocialCatfish Manually?
1) Go to https://socialcatfish.com/. On the search option, enter your full name, country, and click the Search button.
2) Select your State, and click Continue.
3) Select your City, and click Continue.
4) The next step is optional. You can select your Age Range and Continue, or Skip for Now.
5) Search results take a little time. Click the Continue button in the Your Report is Ready! window.
6) Copy your profile URL.
7) Go to https://socialcatfish.com/opt-out/. In the GET STARTED window, select the button next to “I’m filling out and submitting this request for myself”. In the next window, paste your profile URL in the URL box. In the following windows, provide any additional personal information you would like removed. You will need to enter your email address at the end of the form in order to receive a removal confirmation email. Complete the CAPTCHA and click the Remove This Listing button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
8) Check your inbox. Click/open the confirmation link attached to the email to complete the removal process.
9) Your profile will be removed from the SocialCatfish database within 2-3 weeks.
How do I Opt Out of SocialCatfish Manually? CA/NV Residents
1) Go to https://socialcatfish.com/opt-out/?id=request_optout. Select your state, then enter your name and your email address.
Note: You can skip the “Expand” option. If you would like to provide additional information, follow the prompts. Providing your profile URL will help expedite the opt out process.
2) Check the box to verify your CA or NV residential status, perform CAPTCHA, and click Submit.
3) You will receive an email confirmation. SocialCatfish will process your opt out request within 15 days.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.