What is CyberBackgroundCheck?
According to their website, CyberBackgroundChecks.com “gives you access to billions of public records about millions of adults throughout the U.S“. They use identifiers on your mobile and internet usage to collect and compile information and share that information with users of their site. Follow the steps in this article to Opt Out of CyberbackgroundChecks.
CyberBackgroundChecks also belonged to an umbrella of databrokers such as PeopleLooker, CourtRegistry, NeighborWho, YellowBook, IDentityPi, NumberGuru, and FreePhoneTracer.
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like CyberBackgroundCheck to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from CyberBackgroundCheck?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from CyberBackgroundCheck depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on CyberBackgroundCheck using CyberBackgroundCheck's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of CyberBackgroundCheck Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to CyberBackgroundCheck (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of CyberBackgroundCheck Manually?
1) Go to the opt-out page of CyberBackgroundCheck https://www.cyberbackgroundchecks.com/removal.
2) Provide your email (we recommend using a disposable email if possible), check the confirmation box, perform CAPTCHA, and click the ‘Send Request’ button.
3) Check your inbox for the confirmation email. Click the link attached to proceed to the opt out process.
4) Fill the form with needed information and submit.
5) An on screen confirmation will appear. It will take 48 hours or more for the profile to be removed or approved.