In this post, we’ll cover what PublicDataUSA is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PublicDataUSA.
What is PublicDataUSA?
PublicDataUSA is a data broker that exposes your personal data by accessing millions of public data records like the small business administration, the federal elections commission, online government data received through the Freedom of Information Act, and even third party data brokers. You can search for people and find out their campaign contributions, personal information like home address and relatives, religion, ethnicity, vehicle sales records, school classmates, property records, and much more. To help you keep your identity secure, Optery created Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PublicDataUSA.
You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of Optery’s paid subscriptions and let our Opt out Agents help you with the removals.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PublicDataUSA:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PublicDataUSA by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PublicDataUSA Manually?
1) Go to the PublicDataUSA webpage: https://www.publicdatausa.com/. Enter your First Name, Last Name, and State. Then, click on the search icon.
2) Once you’ve found the results, copy the URL of that page.
3) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click Remove My Information.
4) Enter your Name, the URL of the results page, and your Email Address. Perform the CAPTCHA, and click Continue.
5) Your listing will be removed immediately.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.