In this post, we’ll cover what Public Data Check is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Public Data Check.
What is Public Data Check?
Public Data Check is a people search site that provides up to date personal information about individuals like you. Using 500 million phone records, 160 million property records, and 350 million public records, very detailed profiles containing information like weapons permits, social media status, voter registration, vehicle licenses, foreclosures and evictions, financial history, criminal records, relationship status, names of associates, relatives and neighbors, phone number, address, and email address.
Public Data Check makes it very simple for users to locate your personal information -personal information that could be used for identity theft. Learn how to opt out and remove your personal data from Public Data Check by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from Public Data Check?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Public Data Check:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Public Data Check by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Public Data Check Manually?
1) Go to the Public Data Check website here: https://www.publicdatacheck.com/. Once you are on the page, scroll down to the bottom. Under Customer Support, locate the Remove Me From Website link and click it.
2) Begin your opt out by clicking the Get Started button.
3) You will need to search for your personal information on the Public Data Check website. In the search form enter your first name, last name, age, and the state where you live in the fields provided. Complete the security CAPTCHA and then click Continue.
4) Locate your personal information from the search results and click the Remove button.
5) You will need to fill out a personal data removal request form. Enter your email address, check the agreement box, complete the security CAPTCHA and click Continue.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6) Confirmation of your opt out request submission will be displayed. Public Data Check will send you an opt out email containing a validation link.
7) Check your email inbox for an email from Public Data Check. Open the email and click the link. Clicking the link will validate your opt out request.
8) An on screen message will appear indicating your opt out request has been validated. Your personal information will be removed from the Public Data Check website. You will receive another email confirming your opt out is complete.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.