In this post, we’ll cover what Public Information Services is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Public Information Services.
What is Public Information Services?
Public Information Services is a website that accesses millions of public records databases and consumer records with a simple search using a person’s first and last name. The site provides detailed reports containing up to date information that can include an individual’s personal address and residential history, mobile phone numbers, email addresses, criminal records, financial history, licenses and permits, career information, and more.
Take an active role in protecting your privacy and online security by allowing Optery to help you scan the internet and remove your exposed personal private information. We search more than 315 data broker sites and other websites where your personal information could be exposed. Sign up for a free Exposure Scan and gain access to helpful information so you can remove your own personal information from data broker sites, or upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from Public Information Services?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Public Information Services:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Public Information Services by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Public Information Services Manually?
1) To begin your opt out, open a web browser and navigate to the Public Information Services website here: https://www.publicinfoservices.com Once you are on the homepage, scroll down to the bottom. Under the Customer Support section, click the Remove Me From Website link.
2) On the new page that opens, how to remove your public record from the Public Information Services website instructions are provided. Click the Get Started button to proceed with your opt out.
3) You will need to search for the personal data you would like removed using the form provided. Enter your first and last name, your age, the state where you live, complete the security CAPTCHA and click Continue.
4) From the search results that appear, find the record that contains your personal information and click the Remove button below it.
5) The Public Information Services site will request that you verify your identity before removing your personal data. Enter your email address in the space provided, check the agreement box, complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Continue button.
6) An on screen notification will appear indicating your opt out request has been submitted. A verification email will be sent to your email inbox.
7) Check your email inbox for an email message from Public Information Services. Click the link provided in the email to validate your opt out request.
8) A verification message will appear indicating your opt out request will be processed by Public Information Services.
9) Check your email inbox for confirmation your opt out has been completed. Your data will no longer appear on the Public Information Services website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.