In this post, we’ll cover what Public Data Digger is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Public Data Digger.
What is Public Data Digger?
Among the vast amounts of personal information you can find about someone using Public Data Digger.com is ethnicity, voter registration information. political party affiliation, email address, phone number, physical address with location map, age, date of birth, gender and the names and addresses of neighbors.
If you are concerned about your private personal information being easily accessed by almost anyone on PublicDataDigger.com, consider opting out. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided below to remove your personal information from PublicDataDigger.com.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from Public Data Digger?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Public Data Digger:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Public Data Digger by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Public Data Digger Manually?
1) Navigate to the PublicDataDigger.com website here: Public Data Digger.com. In order to opt out from the PublicDataDigger.com website, you will need to find your record. Use the search feature on the homepage and enter your first and last name and then click Go. You can also search using your address or phone number.
2) From the search results provided, find your record and click on your name.
3) A new webpage will open displaying personal details about you. Copy the URL of your record as indicated in the red rectangle in the image below.
4) Once you have copied your record URL, scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and click the Remove Profile link.
5) On the Profile Removal webpage, you will need to select how you would like to proceed with your opt out. Choose Manual Removal or Auto Removal by clicking on the circle next to your selection. Then click Next.
Note: In the steps that follow, opt out instructions are provided for the Auto Removal option.
6) An Automatic Profile Removal form will be displayed. Insert the record URL that you copied from Step 3 and then enter your email address, phone number, complete the security CAPTCHA and then click Submit.
7) A message will appear informing you that an email notification will be sent to you from PublicDataDigger.com.
8) Check your email for an email message from PublicDataDigger.com and open it. In order to complete your opt out, click on the link provided in the email. Your personal record will be removed from the PublicDataDigger.com website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.