In this post, we’ll cover what Cocofinder is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Cocofinder.
What is Cocofinder?
Cocofinder is a people search data broker. Using Cocofinder’s simple search options, anyone can access personal information of an individual like their address, phone number, photos, criminal records, names of their relatives and property they own. Cocofinder obtains accurate personal information about people from publicly sourced data they store in a database that contains billions of records.
If you’re not comfortable having your personal information easily accessible by anyone on a data broker website like Cocofinder, you can always opt out. To do so, simply go to the website and look for the opt-out link, or, you can follow our step-by-step guide below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Cocofinder:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Cocofinder by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Cocofinder Manually?1
1) Go to the Cocofinder website https://cocofinder.com/.
2) Under the People Search heading, enter your first and last name, city, and state then click Start Search
3) Locate your listing from the search results, then click the green Check Details button in the upper right corner.
4) Copy the URL of your personal listing from the address bar at the top of your browser.
5) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Remove My Info.
6) A new window will appear. Click on the link filling out this form to remove your information.
7) In order to complete the opt out form, you need a Google account. Sign in to your account and fill out the form. Enter your full name, email address, paste your profile URL copied from the search results, and your reason for opting out. Then click Submit.
Note: If you do not have a Google account, you can email your opt out request to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
8) Verification of your opt-out request submission will appear. The average time for profile removal is within 24 to 48 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.