In this post, we’ll cover what CourtRecords.org and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of CourtRecords.org.
What is CourtRecords.org?
CourtRecords.org compiles a wide range of personal data and records from a number of public and private sources that can include criminal histories, court records, deep web searches, bankruptcy records, and a lot more. Personal information can be accessed by searching for people by name, address, email, or phone number.
More and more people are prioritizing their privacy in today’s technology-advanced world where their personal information can be used in identity theft, online scams, phishing, and stalking.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from CourtRecords.org?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ”InfoTracer”:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ”InfoTracer” by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of CourtRecords.org Manually?
1) Navigate to the CourtRecords.org opt out page here: https://members.courtrecords.org/terms?tab=optout. Enter your first and last name, select the state the where you live from the drop-down, then enter your city and click SUBMIT.
2) Find your record from the results that appear and check the box on the right side of your profile (under the Select Record column), then click the Remove Data button.
3) Fill out the form displayed by providing your email address and any comment/s. Complete the security CAPTCHA and then click the Submit button.
4) An on-screen notification will appear instructing you to check your email inbox and confirm your opt out request. If you have additional profiles that appeared in the search results in Step 2 you would like to remove, click the green Back to Result button indicated in the red rectangle in the image below and repeat Steps 2 to 4 above.
5) Check your email inbox for an email from CourtRecords. Open the email and click the confirmation link provided. Clicking the link will confirm and initiate your opt out.
6) A confirmation message will appear that your removal request is being processed.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.