In this post, we’ll cover what PeopleFinderFree is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleFinderFree.
What is PeopleFinderFree?
PeopleFinderFree.com is a data broker that allows anyone to pull up the personal information of others using an easy search.
The type of personal data available on PeopleFinderFree.com may contain full names, vital records, phone number identity, arrest records, traffic tickets, current address, email address, background check data and more. Should this type of personal data fall into the wrong hands, individuals could become the victims of identity theft or scams.
If you are concerned about online security and would like your personal data removed from PeopleFinderFree.com, follow the opt out steps provided below.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from PeopleFinderFree?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleFinderFree:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleFinderFree by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleFinderFree Manually?
1) Navigate to the PeopleFinderFree website page here: https://peoplefinderfree.com/. In order to opt out, you will need the web address of your personal data from the PeopleFinderFree website. To obtain your personal web address, you will need to search for it on the website. Enter your first and last name in the search fields and click the Start Search button.
2) Find your personal data record from the search results. Click the Open report button on the lower portion of your record. Do not click any other links or buttons that are not titled Open report or you will be redirected to a different website.
3) Your personal data record will open. Copy the web address URL for your record from the web address area on the top of the web page. Your web address URL can be found in the red rectangle in the image below.
4) Page down through your personal data to the bottom of your record. Click on the Remove My Info link under Legal Info at the bottom of the webpage.
5) Under Remove My Info find the link filling out this form and click on it to continue with your opt out.
6) An opt out form will be displayed. Login to your Google gmail account and fill out the form with the requested information. In the area titled URL paste the web address URL of your personal data record that you copied in Step 3 into the space provided. Enter the reason for your opt out in the message space and then click Submit.
7) Verification that your opt out request has been received by PeopleFinderFree will appear. Your personal data record will be removed from the PeopleFinderFree.com website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.