Xlek.com: How to Opt Out of Xlek.com | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what Xlek.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Xlek.com.
What is Xlek.com?
Xlek.com is a data broker that allows users to search for people by name. Anyone can find out the age, current and previous addresses, names of relatives, phone numbers, email address, vehicle identification number, ethnicity, net worth, income, education and even the number of open lines of credit of an individual. Detailed personal, private information that is available to anyone on a site like Xlek.com is a cause for concern.
To help you identify these websites, Optery offers you scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 sites and other websites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let Optery’s Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Xlek:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Xlek by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
If you would like to remove your information from Xlek.com, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Xlek.com provided below.
How do I Opt Out of Xlek.com Manually?
1) Go to https://xlek.com/. In the Search Here section, enter your first name, last name, and your state. Click GET STARTED.
2) Browse through the search results to locate your listing. Click on your name in your listing.
3) Click the Opt-out link within your profile details.
4) In the opt out form that appears, enter your first name, last name, and email. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Proceed button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Your profile will be removed from the Xlek.com site.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.