In this post, we’ll cover what People Search Expert is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of People Search Expert.
What is People Search Expert?
People Search Expert is a data broker that collects personal information from over 70 million public records of US residents and sells it to third party businesses and organizations. The information they expose includes people’s complete names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, social media accounts. date of birth, relatives, and more.
If you are concerned about your online privacy and security, Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information from sites like People Search Expert. We cover more than 200 sites where personal information is exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt out Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from People Search Expert?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like People Search Expert:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from People Search Expert by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of People Search Expert Manually?
1) Go to https://www.peoplesearchexpert.com/ and search for your personal record by entering your name and the city and state where you live in the search fields. Then click SEARCH RECORDS.
2) Locate your record from the search results and click VIEW DETAILS.
3) You will see detailed personal information about yourself in the record provided. Click the request removal link located on the lower right corner of your record.
4) In the People Search Expert Removal Request form, enter your name, email, and removal reason in the spaces provided. Tick the identity verification box, complete the security CAPTCHA and then click SUBMIT REMOVAL REQUEST.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Your personal information will be removed from the People Search Expert website within 24-48 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.