Epsilon: How to Opt Out of Epsilon | Step-by-Step Instructions
What is Epsilon?
Epsilon is a data broker, which means that it collects and sells information about consumers. Epsilon’s website states that it has information on more than 200 million consumers in the United States and Canada. This information includes ”identifiable information” (i. e., name, address, phone number, email address, etc.) as well as ”identified information” (i. e., web page visits, purchase history, etc.). Epsilon also has a database of security questions that are often used to verify a person’s identity when resetting passwords or accessing account information. Read on for our step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Epsilon.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Epsilon:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Epsilon by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Epsilon Manually?
1) Go to the homepage https://www.epsilon.com/us.
2) Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”.
3) Select your country of residency from the drop-down option.
4) Choose the Request Type. If you want to request Do not sell my personal information, fill in the form with the information needed, perform CAPTCHA, and click the Submit request button.
5) An on-screen notification will appear to confirm the successful request submission.
6) If your option is to delete your information, select Delete my personal information, perform CAPTCHA, and click the Submit request button.
7) Fill out the form with the information needed, perform CAPTCHA, and hit the Submit request button. You will be notified of the progress of your request through the email or address you provided.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.