In this post, we’ll cover what Zlookup is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Zlookup.
What is Zlookup?
Zlookup is a people search site that offers to look up people’s personal information for a fee. The site claims to have access to ”over 1 billion public records” and to be able to provide information such as a person’s name, address, phone number, email address, and social media profiles. Zlookup also offers a paid service that allows users to reverse lookup phone numbers and email addresses.
Although Zlookup is a legitimate company, there are several reasons why you might want to opt out of their website. First off, by having your personal information to Zlookup, you are effectively permitting them to sell it to other data brokers and third-party marketers. Furthermore, there is no assurance that the records on their database are accurate or reliable. Finally, even if you choose to leave their website, there is no guarantee that other data brokers won’t still obtain your information and may disregard your request. You can take action to opt out of Zlookup if you are concerned about your personal information being collected and sold by data brokers like them.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Zlookup:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Zlookup by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Zlookup Manually?
1) Go to Zlookup’s homepage https://www.zlookup.com/. To search for your phone record, enter your phone number. Verify the captcha, then click Name Lookup.
2) Once confirmed that your record is on their database, navigate to Zlookup’s opt out page https://www.zlookup.com/opt_out. Type in the phone number you want to remove. Verify the captcha, then click Remove My Info.
3) Zlookup immediately confirms the removal of your profile. Repeat steps 1-3 if you need to remove multiple phone numbers.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.