In this post, we’ll cover what DexKnows is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of DexKnows.
What is DexKnows?
DexKnows is a data broker that connects consumers with local businesses, advertising, and services. It allows users to search for business listings by category, keyword, or location, and connect with businesses directly via email, phone, or social media. Businesses can create a free listing on the site, which includes the business name, address, phone number, and category. Listings can also include a brief description of the business, photos, and user-generated reviews.
While Dexknows does have a lot of useful information, there are some disadvantages to having your personal information on their website. One disadvantage is that your personal information may be accessed by third-party companies that DexKnows has partnered with. These companies may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes. Additionally, if you ever need to contact Dexknows customer service, you will have to provide them with your personal information. This means that your information could be shared with DexKnows employees, which could lead to identity theft in the case of a breach, hack, or leak.
Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed personal information from data broker sites. We cover more than 315 data broker sites, and we offer a free Exposure Scan that shows you where your information is exposed. You can remove your information yourself with the tools provided, or upgrade to our paid subscription and let our opt-out Agents do it for you.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Dexknows:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Dexknows by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of DexKnows Manually?
1) Navigate to Dexknows Website page https://www.dexknows.com/. Enter your full name, city, and state. Then click Search.
2) Locate your listing. Click on your name, and copy the URL.
3) On another tab, go to the DexKnows contact page https://www.dexknows.com/info/contactUs. Scroll down to the Questions and Comments Section, then click the Click Here button.
4) Fill in the required fields with your full name, phone number, and email address. You must paste the URL you copied in the comment section and state your reasons for removal. Complete the CAPTCHA and then click Submit.
5) A screen notification will confirm the submission of your request.
6) DexKnows will notify you through email when the removal is complete.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.