In this post, we’ll cover what Wyty is and Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of Wyty.
What is Wyty?
Wyty is a data broker with search features such as Name Lookup, Address Lookup, and Phone Lookup. According to their website, it was developed with the intention of bringing people together. While that may sound noble, in reality people search sites like Wyty create the opportunity for abuse and fraud.
Founded in 2004, Wyty branded itself as a leading people search solution and promotes finding and reconnecting individuals. Though its website emphasizes providing accurate results, it is possible to find outdated and false information.
Through Wyty you can discover a person’s name, address history, landline or mobile phone number, email, social media accounts, and more. Wyty compiles reports from billions of public records. This information may have legitimate uses, but it also can be abused. If your contact information or other personal information is listed on Wyty, your security may be at risk. Fortunately, Optery has tools to help keep you safe.
Optery scans for your exposed private information on the internet. Anyone can sign up for an Exposure Report for free. Next, you can choose to handle the removals yourself, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription. For paid subscribers our Opt out Agents help you with the removals. Optery covers more than 270 data broker sites like Wyty and we are PCMag Editor’s Choice.
Read on for step-by-step instructions to remove yourself from Wyty.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Wyty:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Wyty by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Wyty Manually?
1) To remove yourself from Wyty, go to https://www.wyty.com/remove/. Fill in the form with the details that you want to be removed from the website then, pass the CAPTCHA and enter the number code on the box provided. Click Remove Info.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
2) Your listing will be immediately removed and Wyty will send you a summary of your request.
3) You will receive an email verifying that your request is successful.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.