What is TruePeoplesearch?
TruePeoplesearch is a data broker that falls under the umbrella of People Finders. This data broker allows you to gain access to people’s personal information like address history, phone numbers, relatives, associates, and email addresses through name search, reverse phone and reverse address lookup. These easily searchable records were aggregated from government records and other open sources available. To Opt Out of TruePeoplesearch, follow the steps in this guide.
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like TruePeoplesearch to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from TruePeoplesearch?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from TruePeoplesearch depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on TruePeoplesearch using TruePeoplesearch's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of TruePeoplesearch Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to TruePeoplesearch (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of TruePeoplesearch Manually?
- Navigate to the TruePeoplesearch opt-out page: https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/removal. Enter your email address, agree to the terms, check the ‘I’m not a robot button’, and click the ‘Begin Removal’ button.
2. Search for your record through name search by filling in your name and city-state location.
3. After you have found yourself in the search results, click on the ‘Details’ button to bring up your record.
4. When you have confirmed that this record belongs to you, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Remove This Record’ button. If you don’t see that button, you are either on the wrong page or your session expired, in which case you’ll have to start again from step 1.
5. An on-screen confirmation will appear if your opt-out request is successful. You will also receive an email with a verification link.
6. Check your inbox for the notification email. Click on the link to confirm your opt-out request.
7. Once you have clicked on the verification link, an on-screen confirmation will appear that your request is now being processed and that your record will be removed from TruePeoplesearch within 72 hours.
In most cases, TruePeoplesearch immediately removes your record after the request has been successfully confirmed.