TruePeoplesearch: How to Opt Out and Remove Yourself from TruePeoplesearch | Step-by-Step Instructions
What is TruePeoplesearch?
TruePeoplesearch is a data broker that falls under the umbrella of People Finders. This data broker allows you to gain access to people’s personal information like address history, phone numbers, relatives, associates, and email addresses through name search, reverse phone and reverse address lookup. These easily searchable records were aggregated from government records and other open sources available. To Opt Out of TruePeoplesearch, follow the steps in this guide.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like TruePeoplesearch:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from TruePeoplesearch by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of TruePeoplesearch Manually?
- Navigate to the TruePeoplesearch opt-out page: https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/removal. Enter your email address, agree to the terms, check the ‘I’m not a robot button’, and click the ‘Begin Removal’ button.
2. Search for your record through name search by filling in your name and city-state location.
3. After you have found yourself in the search results, click on the ‘Details’ button to bring up your record.
4. When you have confirmed that this record belongs to you, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Remove This Record’ button. If you don’t see that button, you are either on the wrong page or your session expired, in which case you’ll have to start again from step 1.
5. An on-screen confirmation will appear if your opt-out request is successful. You will also receive an email with a verification link.
6. Check your inbox for the notification email. Click on the link to confirm your opt-out request.
7. Once you have clicked on the verification link, an on-screen confirmation will appear that your request is now being processed and that your record will be removed from TruePeoplesearch within 72 hours.
In most cases, TruePeoplesearch immediately removes your record after the request has been successfully confirmed.