In this post, we’ll cover what PeopleWizard.net is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleWizard.net.
What is PeopleWizard.net?
PeopleWizard.net is a data broker that prides itself on its easy to use search technology. They have collected billions of public records so that anyone can obtain background checks, social media profiles, licenses, driving records, marriage and divorce records, mugshots, criminal records, photos, property records, employment records, phone records, address history with location maps, legal filings, names of relatives and other personal information about individuals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from PeopleWizard.net?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleWizard.net:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleWizard.net by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleWizard.net Manually?
1) Go to the PeopleWizard opt out page here: https://www.peoplewizard.net/optout. In order to remove your personal information, you will need to search for it. Enter your first and last name, the city and state where you live and then click Search Now.
2) Browse through the search results and locate your profile. Click That’s Me to the right of your profile.
3) Enter your email address in the field provided and click Next.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) PeopleWizard requires proof of identity to process opt out requests. Select the method you would like to use to send your identification from the options provided and click the NEXT button. Select your identity verification preference and then, click NEXT.
5) An on-screen notification will appear with instructions regarding your identification verification based upon the option you selected in step 4. Follow the instructions.
6) Check your email inbox for an opt out confirmation message from PeopleWizard. Open the email and click the Confirm Opt-out link to complete your opt out.
7) Once your proof of identity is verified, your personal information will be removed from the PeopleWizard website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.