In this post, we’ll cover what NeighborWho is and step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of NeighborWho.
What is NeighborWho?
NeighborWho is a data broker that falls under the umbrella of Beenverified. They are focused on reverse home address lookups. You just input a name or address to conduct a search and NeighborWho returns information about people and properties through the use of a searchable database. Neighborwho posts personal information about the location, the owners, the neighbors, and other property details.
This information may have legitimate uses, however, not everyone is comfortable having their personal details exposed online. In fact, exposed data online often leads to spam calls and unwanted emails. In the worst cases, this exposed private information can be a source of phishing attempts, identity theft, and other possible cybercrimes.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like NeighborWho:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from NeighborWho by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of NeighborWho Manually?
1) Navigate to the NeighborWho website https://www.neighborwho.com/.
2) Click on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link found at the bottom of the page.
3) The opt-out link redirects you to BeenVerified. Click the Do Not Sell My Info button.
4) Type in your first name, last name, and your state location. Then, click the Search button.
5) After you have found your profile from the search results, click the Proceed to Opt Out button.
6) Provide an email address, solve the CAPTCHA and click the Send Verification Email button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
7) An on-screen notification will confirm the receipt of the request.
8) Check your email for the verification link and click Verify Opt Out button.
9) You will receive a confirmation email that your opt-out request is verified. The removal of the profile usually takes about 24 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.