In this post, we’ll cover what 411.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of 411.com.
What is 411.com?
411.com is a people search directory. Anyone can search using a name, phone number or address to reveal a person’s current and past home addresses, age, names of relatives, and other public records. Sites like 411.com often sell personal information to third-party advertisers and companies for marketing purposes – without the consent or knowledge of the individuals.
If you’re concerned about your personal information or that of a loved one being exposed online by sites like 411.com, Optery covers more than 200 data broker sites where private, personal information is easily accessible. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and access tools you can utilize to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removal.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from 411.com?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like 411.com:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from 411.com by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of 411.com Manually?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to the 411.com website here: https://www.411.com. In the Search area, enter your full name and the city and state where you live. Click the magnifying glass icon to begin your search.
2) Locate your profile from the results page and click the View Details button as indicated in the image below. Profiles labeled with “Powered by Whitepages Premium” should be disregarded, clicking on links within those profiles will redirect you to a different website.
3) Verify the information in the profile detail belong to you. Copy your profile URL from the web address bar indicated in the red rectangle below.
4) To begin the opt out process, navigate to the suppression request page of Whitepages here: https://www.whitepages.com/suppression-requests. Whitepages handles the opt out request for 411.com Paste your copied profile URL link in the field provided and click the Next button.
5) A new window confirming your person information will appear. Click the Remove Me button. If the personal information displayed is that of someone else, click This is the wrong person. Take me back. and follow the instructions.
6) In the next window, select the removal reason from the options in the dropdown. You can add additional comments in the box provided. Then click the Next button.
7) You will be asked to provide a phone number. The number you provide will be called in order to verify your identity. Enter your phone number in the space provided and tick the the removal affirmation box. Once you click the Call now to verify button, you will be receive a call asking for a verification code. The verification code will appear in a new window after you click Call now to verify. You will be called immediately after clicking the Call now to verify button, so have the phone for the phone number you provided ready.
8) A new window with your verification code will appear. When you receive a call from Whitepages, answer, and enter the verification code shown in the window as instructed. Once your code is verified, your information will be removed from their website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.