In this post, we’ll cover what People-wizard.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of People-wizard.com.
What is People-wizard.com?
People-wizard.com is a data broker that has been known to collect and sell personal information. Full names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media, property records, license information, driving history, legal filings and much more can be accessed on the People-wizard site from over 67 billion public records.
If you are concerned about your data being collected and sold by People-wizard.com, Optery can scan and remove your exposed private information from People-wizrad.com and over 200 other sites that exploit the personal information of individuals. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan or upgrade to one of Optery’s paid subscriptions and let our expert Privacy Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from People-wizard.com?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like People-wizard.com:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from People-wizard.com by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of People-wizard.com Manually?
1) Navigate to the People-wizard website here: https://people-wizard.com Scroll down to the bottom of the home page. Find the Remove My Info link and click it.
2) The next page will provide opt out options. To opt out and remove your personal data from the People-wizard site, you will need to search for your information. Click the Here link at the end of Start By Searching Your Pubic Records.
3) In the fields provided in the next web page that opens, enter your first name, last name, and the city and state where you live and click Search Now under the Remove Your Personal Information From Our Search Results heading.
4) Browse through the search results and find your personal record. Your record will display your name and other versions of your name as well as other personally identifying information like your age, your current and past locations, and names of your relatives. Click on That’s Me to the right of your record to continue with your opt out.
5) People-wizard requires identity verification before completing your opt out. The first part requires an email address. Enter your email address in the space provided and click NEXT.
6) The second part requires you to upload a valid and unexpired form of identification. Select the method you want to use to send People-wizard a copy of your identification and then click NEXT. You can upload an image, fax a copy, or mail a copy.
7) In the image below, the Mail copy of ID was selected for step 6. ID mailing instructions are provided.
8) Once you have provided a copy of your ID, you will need to check your email inbox for an email message from Peoplewhiz.com. Peoplewhiz.com sends opt out verification emails for People-wizard. Open the email and click the Confirm Opt-out link included in the email. Once People-wizard has received your proof of identity requested in step 6, your opt out will be complete.
7) An opt out confirmation message will appear. When your proof of identity from step 6 has been received and verified, your personal information will be removed from the People-wizard.com website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.