Spyfly: How to Opt Out of Spyfly | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what Spyfly is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Spyfly.
What is Spyfly?
Spyfly is a data broker that offers public record background checks for people in the United States. The site provides users with access to data from thousands of different sources, including government records and private databases. Spyfly is often used by employers to screen potential employees, landlords to screen potential tenants, and people looking for information on someone they are dating or considering doing business with.
While Spyfly may be a useful tool for some people, others may not want their personal information to be easily accessible by anyone who wants to search for it. If you choose not to opt-out of Spyfly, your personal information will remain public and accessible to anyone. This could put you at risk for identity theft, fraud, or other malicious activities. Additionally, your information may be sold to third-party marketers without your consent. This could lead to unwanted marketing messages and spam as a result.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Spyfly:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Spyfly by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Spyfly Manually?
1) Go to Spyfly’s homepage https://www.spyfly.com/. To search for your profile, enter your first name and last name. Click Search Public Records Now. Then click I Agree to proceed with your search.
2) To narrow down the result, select your state of residence. Then click View Results.
3) Find your listing among the search results. Check first if this is yourself and not someone else with the same name, age, location, or possible relatives.
4) On a new tab, navigate to Spyfly’s opt-out page https://www.spyfly.com/help-center/remove-my-public-record. Fill in your name, age, current and previous address, and email. Also, make sure that the details filled in match the details on the profile you want to remove. Then click Submit.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Spyfly will confirm the receipt of your request. An identity verification email will be sent to your email.
6) Check your inbox for an email from Spyfly and respond to validate the request.
7) Spyfly will notify you through email when the removal is complete.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.