In this post, we’ll cover what SpyTox is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of SpyTox.
What is SpyTox?
Spytox.com is a people search data broker. SpyTox and other data brokers can profit by selling your data to third-party companies without your consent. Anyone can access your name, address, phone number, email address, and other personal information with just a few clicks on the SpyTox website.
If you are concerned about your personal data being exposed on SpyTox, Optery can scan and remove your exposed private information from SpyTox and over 200 other sites like SpyTox. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan or upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our expert Privacy Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from SpyTox?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like SpyTox:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from SpyTox by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of SpyTox Manually?
1) Go to the SpyTox homepage here https://www.Spytox.com/. In order to opt out of SpyTox, you will have to search for your record on the site and copy your record URL. Instructions for obtaining your record URL and opting out are provided below.
In the LOOKUP box on the homepage, select the search method you would like to use – search by your name, your phone number or your email address. Enter your information in the space provided and click Search.
2) A search confirmation message will appear, click CONFIRM.
3) To narrow down the search for your information, SpyTox will ask you a question pertaining to the search option you selected. The example below is the question SpyTox will ask if you searched for your name. Questions for searches by name, phone number and email address are yes or no. Answer the question by clicking Yes or No.
4) A new window will open and the SpyTox search will start. The search takes a few minutes to complete. Once the search is complete, a security question will appear. Complete the security CAPTCHA by clicking the box next to I’m not a robot.
5) Find your record from the results displayed and click the SEE REPORT button on the right.
6) A new web page will open displaying your personal information. Copy your record URL from the web address bar indicate in the red rectangle in the image below.
7) Stay on the webpage and scroll down to the bottom. Find the Do not sell my information link and click it to begin your opt out.
8) The SpyTox opt out page will open. In the space provided, paste your record URL from step 6 above. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click Remove My Info.
9) An on screen notification will appear confirming your opt out request was successful. SpyTox will remove your personal information from their website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.