In this post, we’ll cover what PrivateNumberChecker is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PrivateNumberChecker.
What is PrivateNumberChecker?
PrivateNumberChecker is a data broker that collects your personal information and sells it to third-party marketing companies. They collect personal data like your name, address, phone number, email address, and social network information. They then sell this information to marketing companies who use it to target you with ads. PrivateNumberChecker also uses this information to generate leads for telemarketers.
Anytime you share your personal information with a website or app, there’s a risk that your information could be hacked or exposed. That’s why it’s important to only use reputable websites and apps, and to always be vigilant about protecting your personal information.
How do I delete and remove Myself from PrivateNumberChecker?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PrivateNumberChecker:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PrivateNumberChecker by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PrivateNumberChecker?
1) To find out if your information is on the PrivateNumberChecker website, navigate to their home page here: https://www.privatenumberchecker.com/. At the top of the website, click “PHONE DIRECTORY”.
2) Find the state where you live and click on the city where you live from the list.
3) From the phone number area codes in your city, find and click on the the first 6 digits of your phone number.
4) Find your listing from the search results.
5) Once you have found your listing, go to the bottom of the webpage and click the “REMOVAL REQUEST” link to begin your opt out.
6) In the form provided, enter your first and last name in the appropriate fields, then enter your phone number. Your phone number should include the area code and seven digits, do not include dashes. Enter your email address and reason for removal. Click the box under Confirm and then click the “Remove Information” button.
7) An on-screen notification will appear confirming your removal request. Your name and address will be removed from your phone number listing on the PrivateNumberChecker site within 24-hours.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.