In this post, we’ll cover what PeopleByPhone is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleByPhone.
What is PeopleByPhone?
PeopleByPhone is a data broker that collects your personal information and sells it to third-party marketing companies. There are many ways that data brokers collect information. They may purchase it from marketing firms, public records, or other data sources. They may also collect it through surveys, contests, and other interactions with consumers. Once they have collected this information, they sell it to businesses for a variety of purposes.
How do I delete and remove Myself from PeopleByPhone?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleByPhone:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleByPhone by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleByPhone?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to PeopleByPhone here: https://www.peoplebyphone.com/. Locate the “Phone Listing” link at the top of the page and click it.
2) A list of states will appear, click on the state you live in.
3) From the list of cities, click on the city you live in.
4) A new list of city area codes followed by three digits will be displayed. Click on the six digits that match your phone number from the list.
5) From the search results, find your personal listing. Copy the URL from the web address field indicated in the red rectangle below.
6) Now scroll all the way down to the bottom of the webpage and click on the “Removal” link to begin your opt out.
7) In the form provided, enter your first and last name in the appropriate fields, then enter your phone number. Your phone number should include the area code and seven digits – do not include dashes. Paste the URL you copied into the “URL/Link” field. Enter your email address and reason for removal. Complete the security CAPTCHA, and then click the “Remove Information” button.
8) An on-screen notification will appear confirming your removal request. Your name and address will be removed from your phone number listing on the PeopleByPhone site within 24-hours.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.