In this post, we’ll cover what BackgroundCheckers is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of BackgroundCheckers.
What is BackgroundCheckers?
BackgroundCheckers provides personal information reports on almost anyone in the USA. They scan over 12 billion public records from thousands of sources. Information reports can consist of background checks, criminal histories, address histories, names of relatives, marriage status, court and arrest records, social and dating profiles and contact information.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from BackgroundCheckers?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like BackgroundCheckers:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from BackgroundCheckers by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of BackgroundCheckers Manually?
1) Navigate to the Backgroundcheckers website here: https://www.backgroundcheckers.net/name/landing.
2) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the webpage and click on the Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Info link.
3) In the next window that opens, enter your first and last name and select the state where you live from the drop-down, then click SEARCH.
4) Find your listing from the search results and click the green arrow on the right.
5) Enter the information requested in the form provided to remove your information. Complete the security CAPTCHA and then click SUBMIT.
6) An on-screen notification will appear indicating an opt out confirmation has been sent to your email address.
7) Check your email inbox for an email from Backgroundcheckers.net and open it. Click the Click to Remove your information verification link in the email to confirm your opt out.
8) After clicking the verification link, an on-screen notification will appear confirming your opt out. Your personal information will be removed from the Backgroundcheckers site.
If you are a California resident and want to exercise your privacy rights, you can file for California Consumer Privacy Act here
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.