In this post, we’ll cover what Private Records is and step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Private Records.
What is Private Records?
Private Records is a provider of public records information. Founded in 2020, its team of data scientists and engineers has extensive experience in providing secure and accurate records to its users. This data broker utilizes over 12 billion records from different sources to produce a comprehensive report that’s accurate and complete. These reports primarily include contact information, address, and family history. However, these data could go so far as court records, marriage/divorce statuses, and even social and dating profiles.
With the amount of sensitive data they provide and sell online, we can easily infer that this leaves us unguarded from fraudsters and identity thieves. Because of this, it’s crucial to restrict the quantity of information we make public online in order to lessen the likelihood of privacy violations.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Private Records:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Private Records by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Private Records?
1) Navigate to the Private Records opt-out page: https://www.privaterecords.net/optOut/name/landing. Enter your first name, last name, and state location, then click Search.
2) Once you have found your record from the search results, click the green arrow box found on the right-most part of your record. You must verify first if this is yourself and not someone else with your same name by checking if the name, age, location, and possible relatives match yours.
3) To submit a removal request, enter your email address, full name, address, and phone number. Verify the captcha box then click Submit.
4) Your opt-out request will be acknowledged by an on-screen confirmation once it has been sent. As the last step, you will receive an email with a verification link. Click on the link to confirm your opt-out request.
5) Once you have clicked on the verification link, an on-screen confirmation will appear that your request has been successful. Your profile is immediately removed from Private Records once the link is confirmed.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers, which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.