In this post, we’ll cover what OhioResidents is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of OhioResidents.
What is OhioResidents?
OhioResidents is a website that provides access to the public records of individuals who live in the State of Ohio. These records include home addresses, phone numbers, political party affiliation, voting records, criminal records, net worth, and more. The site is intended to help people find the information they need about Ohio residents, but, the detailed personal information provided on the site can also be used by identity thieves. The information on the site is not verified and can be inaccurate.
Concerned about online privacy? Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
If you are an Ohio resident and do not want your personal information exposed on the OhioResidents site, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of OhioResidents below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like OhioResidents:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from OhioResidents by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of OhioResidents Manually?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to https://www.ohioresidentdatabase.com/. Enter your first and last name, City, and State in the search area provided. Then click the SEARCH RECORDS button.
2) Locate your record from the search results and click the red VIEW DETAILS button. NOTE: You might find more than one record containing your personal information. The site instructs individuals to wait up to 48 hours before starting an opt out for another record. Follow the same opt out steps for each record you want removed.
3) A detailed overview of your personal record will be displayed. Copy your record URL from the site address bar on the top of the webpage. The URL is indicated in the red rectangle in the image below.
4) Go to https://www.ohioresidentdatabase.com/opt-out, and paste the URL that you copied. Then, click Submit.
5) Enter your Name, Email Address, then tick the box indicating that you are personally requesting for your profile to be removed. Next, pass the CAPTCHA, and click Submit.
6) Your listing will be removed within 1-2 days.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.