In this post, we’ll cover what Florida Residents is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Florida Residents.
What is Florida Residents?
Florida Residents is a website that provides a searchable database of historical and voter registration for the state of Florida. This data broker helps you locate individuals from the state of Florida by name, phone number, city, or county. These records include personal data like names, phone numbers, residences, date of birth, race, and voting profile.
Although they claim their records are not up-to-date, the data Florida Residents have collected can still be misused by others. Regardless of accuracy, all of this information is shared without the owner’s full consent. This exposes us to the risks of phishing scams and identity theft.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Florida Residents:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Florida Residents by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Florida Residents Manually?
1) Go to Florida Residents homepage https://www.floridaresidentsdirectory.com/. Type in your name and city, then click Search Records.
2) Find your listing among the search results. Check first if this is yourself and not someone else with the same name or address. Then click on View Details to view the profile.
3) Copy the URL of the profile you wish to remove.
4) On a new tab, navigate to https://www.floridaresidentsdirectory.com/opt-out. Paste the URL of the profile you want to remove. Click Submit.
5) To proceed with your request, fill in your name, email and reason for removal. Also make sure to check and certify that you are the owner of the profile. Lastly, verify the captcha and click Submit.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6) Florida Residents will confirm the submission of your request. Removal of the profile is about 24-48 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, yet important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.