Ownerly: How to Opt Out of Ownerly | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what Ownerly is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to opt out of Ownerly manually.
What is Ownerly?
Ownerly.com is an online marketplace for people to buy and sell their unwanted household items. When you create an account on Ownerly.com, you provide personal information; your name, address, phone number, and email address. They also collect other information like your IP address and cookies.
A disadvantage of having your personal information on Ownerly.com is you are at risk of being a victim of identity theft and cyber attacks. It’s important to be aware of the risks of sharing too much personal information online, and to take steps to protect yourself.
If you are concerned about your online privacy, Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 sites and other websites where you can find your personal information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like BeenVerified:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from BeenVerified by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Ownerly Manually?
- Go to the Ownerly homepage https://www.ownerly.com/. Search for your profile by scrolling down to the state directory and clicking on the state where you live.
- Select your street location.
- Browse through the search results to locate your listing.
- Once you have found your listing, scroll down the page to the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link. Click on it to begin your opt out.
- You will be redirected to the BeenVerified opt out page with a pop up notification, click the Do Not Sell My Info button.
Note: Ownerly.com is an affiliate company of BeenVerified. All opt out requests on Ownerly.com will redirect you to the BeenVerified opt out page.
- Choose Looking To Opt-Out of Our Property Search?.
- Enter the full address that was included in your listing and click the Search button.
- Click the CONTINUE button at the upper right side of the profile.
- Check the name you want to remove and click the Optout Owner(s) button.
- Provide your email, complete the security CAPTCHA, and click the Send Verification Email button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
- A notification will appear to confirm the successful submission of your opt out request.
- Check your inbox for the verification email from Ownerly. Click the verification button inside the email to complete your opt out.
- Your name will be redacted/removed from Ownerly and BeenVerified.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.