In this post, we’ll cover what NumberGuru is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of NumberGuru.
What is NumberGuru?
NumberGuru is owned by BeenVerified, a large data broker site. NumberGuru operates as a separate service with a distinct focus on reverse phone lookups. Both companies may use similar data sources and technologies to provide personal data for their services.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from NumberGuru?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like NumberGuru:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from NumberGuru by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of NumberGuru Manually?
2) You will redirected to the BeenVerified opt out page. An on screen notification will appear, just click the green “Do Not Sell My Info” button.
3) After clicking the “Do Not Sell My Info” button, a BeenVerified search form will appear. In order to complete your opt out, you will need to search for your personal record. In the fields provided, enter your first name, last name, state where you live from the drop-down, and then click the green “Search” button.
4) Browse through the search results and find your personal profile. Click the green “Proceed to Opt Out” button on the right corner of your profile.
6) In order to submit your opt out request, enter your email address into the space provided, complete the security CAPTCHA, then click the green “Send Verification Email” button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
7) Check your inbox for a confirmation email from BeenVerified. Open the email and click the green “Verify Opt-Out” button.
8) An on screen message will appear indicating your successful opt out. Remember, BeenVerified handles opt outs from NumberGuru.
9) You will receive a confirmation email later notifying you that your profile has been successfully removed.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.