In this post, we’ll cover what MineralHolders is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of MineralHolders.
What is MineralHolders?
These days, it seems like everything is moving online. There are many advantages to this digital age, but there are also some disadvantages – especially when it comes to our personal data. One of the biggest problems with websites like MineralHolders is they often collect and store our personal data without our knowledge or consent. These companies are known as data brokers, and their business is buying and selling our personal information. MineralHolders collects and sells information about mineral rights holders – their personal address and location, and their assets and the asset value. This may not seem like a big deal at first glance, but there are actually several disadvantages to having your information on a site like MineralHolders. Here are just a few:
- If the website is hacked or someone gains unauthorized access to the site, your information could be compromised.
- Data brokers often sell or trade user data, which means your information could be bought and sold without your knowledge or consent.
- Data brokers may not have security measures in place to protect your information from theft or misuse.
If you are concerned about your online privacy, Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 sites and other websites where you can find your personal information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
If you’re not comfortable with having your personal information stored on a data broker website like MineralHolders, you can always opt out. To do so, simply go to the website and look for the opt-out link, or, you can follow our step-by-step guide below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like MineralHolders:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from MineralHolders by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of MineralHolders Manually?
1) On their homepage https://www.mineralholders.com/. Fill in the boxes with your personal information and the relevant mineral holding information. Then click the Search button.
2) You will be redirected to another search form. Provide as much information as you can to obtain the most accurate results. Then click the Search button.
3) Browse through the search results to find your listing or listings. Click the listing to view your profile.
4) Once your profile appears, copy your profile URL as indicated in the image below. You do not need to be logged in or create an account on the site if you do not have one, to opt out. Proceed to step 5 to go to the opt out page.
5) Go to the MineralHolders opt-out page here: https://www.mineralholders.com/opt-out. Provide the information requested in the form. If you have multiple profiles, you will need to repeat step 3 and 4 above for each profile. Once you have completed the form, complete the security CAPTCHA, and click the Submit Comment button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6) An on-screen message will appear confirming your opt out request.
7) Your profile, or profiles, will be removed within 24-48 hours. If, after 48 hours, your information is still visible after you perform a search on the MineralHolders site, send a follow-up opt out request email to: email@example.com.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.