In this post, we’ll cover what IDStrong is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of IDStrong.
What is IDStrong?
IDStrong is an identity monitoring service that offers identity, credit and home monitoring services as well as lost wallet recovery, identity recovery and identity theft insurance.
If you’re concerned about your personal information being collected and sold without your permission by IDStrong, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of IDStrong provided below.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from IDStrong?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like IDStrong:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from IDStrong by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of IDStrong Manually?
If you are a resident of the State of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, page down for resident specific Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of IDStrong.
General opt out instructions are provided below.
1) Go to https://members.idstrong.com/removeMyData. Enter your first name, last name, state and city where you live, complete captcha and then click the Submit button.
2) You will be redirected to the IDStrong account login page, enter your email address and password to sign in.
3) After signing in, browse through the search results and find your profile. Check the box on the right side of the profile you want to remove and click the Remove Data button.
NOTE: You might have more than one profile on the IDStrong site. You can return to your remaining profiles and remove them one at a time after completing Step 5 below.
4) In the form provided, enter your email address and any comments you would like to include. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Submit button.
5) An onscreen message will appear advising you to check your email inbox for a message from IDStrong confirming your opt out request. If you have additional profiles on the IDStrong site and would like to remove them, click the Back to Result button and repeat Steps 3 and 4 above.
6) Check your inbox for an email from IDStrong. Click the attached link in the email to complete your opt out request.
7) An on screen notification will appear to confirm your opt out submission.
8) You will receive a confirmation message when your profile has been removed from the IDStrong site.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia State Resident specific opt out instructions are provided below.
2) Click the HERE link for your residential state to begin your opt out.
3) In the form provided, select your residential state, click the Myself and Delete My Information boxes, enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and reason for your opt out in the Request Details box. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Submit button.
4) IDStrong will send you an email to verify your identity in order to process your opt out request.
5) Сheck your inbox to for an email from IDStrong and open it. Click the Confirm Email button to process your opt out.
6) Your opt out request has been confirmed and your personal data will be removed from the IDStrong site.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.