What is Intelius?
Intelius is an online data broker that collects detailed personal information about everyday people like you and me and then sells our information to businesses and individuals. They have services for background checks, reverse phone lookups, reverse address lookups, and public records databases where anyone can obtain our current and past home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, the names of family members and former roommates, criminal records, and much more. Information like this can often be used against us by hackers, scammers, and stalkers, in background checks by employers or romantic interests, or in lawsuits and legal proceedings.
Intelius is a data broker conglomerate that falls under the PeopleConnect umbrella alongside other people’s search directories brands such as TruthFinder, Instant Checkmate, US Search, and ZabaSearch.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Intelius:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Intelius by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt-Out of Intelius Manually?
- Navigate to the Intelius opt-out page: https://www.intelius.com/opt-out/submit/, enter your information, and click “Continue”. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and Not using your primary email address.
2. Scroll through the results, locate your profile listing, then click “Remove This Record”
3. You will see a confirmation email instructing you to check your email for the confirmation message. Be sure to check the email inbox for the email address you used to submit the opt-out request.
4. Locate the email in your inbox, and you must click “Confirm Email” for your opt-out request to be valid.
5. After clicking the email confirmation, you will receive a confirmation success message.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out. However, there are dozens more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.