What is Intelius?
Intelius is an online data broker that collects detailed personal information about everyday people like you and me and then sells our information to businesses and individuals. They have services for background checks, reverse phone lookups, reverse address lookups, and public records databases where anyone can obtain our current and past home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, the names of family members and former roommates, criminal records, and much more. Information like this can often be used against us by hackers, scammers, and stalkers, in background checks by employers or romantic interests, or in lawsuits and legal proceedings.
Intelius is a data broker conglomerate that falls under the PeopleConnect umbrella alongside other people’s search directories brands such as TruthFinder, Instant Checkmate, US Search, and ZabaSearch.
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like Intelius to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from Intelius?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from Intelius depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on Intelius using Intelius's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of Intelius Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to Intelius (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt-Out of Intelius Manually?
- Navigate to the Intelius opt-out page: https://www.intelius.com/opt-out/submit/, enter your information, and click “Continue”. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and Not using your primary email address.
2. Scroll through the results, locate your profile listing, then click “Remove This Record”
3. You will see a confirmation email instructing you to check your email for the confirmation message. Be sure to check the email inbox for the email address you used to submit the opt-out request.
4. Locate the email in your inbox, and you must click “Confirm Email” for your opt-out request to be valid.
5. After clicking the email confirmation, you will receive a confirmation success message.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out. However, there are dozens more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.