What is InstantCheckmate?
InstantCheckmate is a subscription-based people search site that compiles comprehensive records of a person in the United States. This information includes the following;
- Location history (present address and past address)
- Employment history ( present and past work )
- Criminal background ( Arrest records, Court records, and more )
- Traffic records
- Vital records (birth and death certificate, marriage and divorce certificate)
- Alternative Phone Numbers
- Relatives and Acquaintances
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like InstantCheckmate to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from InstantCheckmate?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from InstantCheckmate depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on InstantCheckmate using InstantCheckmate's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of InstantCheckmate Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to InstantCheckmate (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of InstantCheckmate Manually?
- Navigate to the InstantCheckmate opt out page, https://www.instantcheckmate.com/opt-out/ and enter your first name, last name, city and state then click the search button.
2. Find your listing/s, and click remove this record.
3. Fill out the opt-out form with your email address. We always recommend using a disposable email address when interacting with People Search Sites – see our Help article for more info. Next, check the “ I am not a robot box” then click opt-out to submit. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and Not using your primary email address.
4. You will receive an on-screen notification that the request has been submitted successfully. Check your email confirmation from InstantCheckmate.
5. Locate the email in your inbox, and you must click “Confirm Opt-out” for your opt-out request to be valid.
6. After clicking the email confirmation, you will receive a confirmation success message. Allow 24- 48 hours for the complete removal of your profile.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out. However, there are hundreds more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.