CallerSmart: How to Opt Out of CallerSmart | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what CallerSmart is and step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of CallerSmart.
What is CallerSmart?
CallerSmart helps you identify mysterious calls and texts. With the increasing number of spamming incidents daily, your mobile devices are vulnerable to phishing and your information may be used in serious cybercrime. CallerSmart helps you review the legitimacy of the phone number and helps filter the phone number by giving a Trust Factor rating and feedback for other users’ reference.
Using CallerSmart can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. If you are able to trace one’s phone number, then you are susceptible to the same personal information exposure and at risk for possible cybercrime and identity theft. To protect your privacy, you can file a complaint or manually opt out of your information from their website.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like CallerSmart:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from CallerSmart by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of CallerSmart?
1) Go to https://www.callersmart.com/. Enter your phone number on the search bar located at the upper-left of the home page, and click search.
2) Confirm if the phone number is under your name, if yes, proceed with the opt out request.
3) Enter your name, email address, compose a message with your phone number, perform CAPTCHA, and click the Send button.
4) An on-screen message will appear to confirm the successful opt out submission.
5) Your information has been successfully opted out, it will be labeled as “NOT FOUND (YET)”. The removal of your information typically takes 24-48 hours. You will receive an email confirmation.