In this post, we’ll cover what UnitedStatesPhonebook.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of UnitedStatesPhonebook.com.
What is UnitedStatesPhonebook.com?
UnitedStatesPhonebook.com is a telephone directory that collects and sells personal information about people and businesses in the United States. Types of personal information includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and other personal data. The site allows users to search for people in the U.S. by name or phone number. Removing your information from the UnitedStatesPhonebook site is a great way to safeguard your private personal data.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from UnitedStatesPhonebook.com?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like UnitedStatesPhonebook.com:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from UnitedStatesPhonebook.com by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of UnitedStatesPhonebook.com Manually?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to the UnitedStatesPhonebook.com website here: http://www.unitedstatesphonebook.com/. In the Search Criteria section, enter your first name, surname (last name), city and state where you live, OR enter your phone number and then click Search.
2) In the next window that opens, locate your personal information.
3) At the bottom of the webpage, find the Contact Us link and click on it to begin your opt out request.
4) In the form provided, enter your phone number and zip code. Then click Request Removal.
5) An on-screen notification will appear stating that your removal request was received. Allow up to 24 to 48 hours for UnitedStatesPhonebook to remove your information from their site.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.