CallTruth: How to Opt Out of CallTruth | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what CallTruth is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of CallTruth.
What is CallTruth?
CallTruth is a reverse phone lookup website that scans through records from multiple public sources. The data obtained from this data broker determines the owner, location, and network provider of any phone number from the United States. Results from reverse phone lookup may include information about the owner’s known relatives and current whereabouts. You can also search for the owner’s email address, past addresses, social media profiles, and criminal records using the information from your phone search report.
CallTruth and similar companies make it very simple for anyone to access another person’s personal information without that person’s knowledge or consent. The majority of people would rather have their information hidden from services like Calltruth because they feel uncomfortable disclosing personal information to strangers online. Learn how to opt out of CallTruth if you wish to keep your online privacy protected.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like CallTruth:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from CallTruth by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of CallTruth Manually?
1) Navigate to the CallTruth opt-out page https://www.calltruth.com/opt_out.php. Select the Person option and enter your first name, last name, city, and state location. Click Submit to proceed with the removal.
2) Once you have found your record among the search results, click Remove Report found on the right-most part of your record. You must verify first if this is yourself and not someone else with your same name by checking if the name and other information match yours.
3) To confirm your request, enter your email address and verify the captcha box. Then click Send Request.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) An on-screen notification will confirm that your opt-out request is sent. You will receive an email with a verification link. Lastly, click Remove Data on the email to confirm your opt-out request.
5) Once confirmed, an on-screen notification will confirm that your request is completed. CallTruth immediately removes your record after you confirm the link.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.