ArrestFacts: How to Opt Out of ArrestFacts | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what ArrestFacts is and step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of ArrestFacts.
What is ArrestFacts?
ArrestFacts gathers police, criminal, civil, and judicial data from every possible location in the US. Users of this search engine gain access to public documents on criminal history and other court cases. The records of this data broker contain personal information which can be used to positively identify the person accused of a crime. These records can reveal whether they have been detained, accused of a crime, or found guilty of it.
Although these records are informative, people with ill intentions often take advantage of this type of sensitive information. Because of this, you may feel the need to remove the information shared about you or a loved one on ArrestFacts.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ArrestFacts:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ArrestFacts by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of ArrestFacts Manually?
1) Go to ArrestFacts homepage https://arrestfacts.com/. Run a search by typing in your first name, last name, and city-state location. Then click Search.
2) Find your record among the search results. Then click on View More to view the profile. You must check first if this is yourself and not someone else with the same name or information.
3) Once you have verified that the profile belongs to you, click on Information Control found below the photo.
4) To submit a request, fill in your name and email. Verify the captcha and click Send.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) ArrestFacts will confirm the receipt of your request. As the last step, you will receive an email with a verification link. Click on the link to confirm your opt-out request.
6) Once confirmed, you will receive an on-screen notification.
7) ArrestFacts will notify you through email when the removal is complete.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.