PeopleWhiz: How to Opt Out of PeopleWhiz
In this post we’ll cover what PeopleWhiz is, and Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleWhiz.
What is PeopleWhiz?
PeopleWhiz is an online people search data broker. PeopleWhiz accesses millions of public records in order to provide complete background checks on people. Anyone can browse personal records of individuals and find out their home address, names of relatives, criminal and court records, assets, phone numbers, social media profiles and more. To help protect you from this type of data broker, we have created Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleWhiz.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleWhiz:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleWhiz by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleWhiz Manually?
1) To begin with your removal process go to https://www.peoplewhiz.com/optout. Enter your Name, City and State and click the Search button.
2) Browse through the search result records and locate your listing. Click on the That’s Me button located to the right of your listing.
3) Enter your email address and, click Next.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) Select the option you want to upload for your identity verification then, click Next. In this example, Mail Copy of ID is selected.
5) A notification message will appear to confirm the submission of your removal request.
6) Check your inbox for a confirmation email from PeopleWhiz. Click the URL in the email to complete your opt out.
7) Once PeopleWhiz has verified the form of personal ID you provided, your listing will be removed within 7 business days.
Congratulations on completing your Opt Out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.