In this post, we’ll cover what FreeUSLeads is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of FreeUSLeads.
What is FreeUSLeads?
FreeUSLeads is a people search site where you can browse records of individuals living in California using a variety of detailed search criteria, including location. This website aims to provide its users with information in researching potential leads, clients, or donors. Their records include specific information like a map and location of the home address, length of residence, and ethnicity.
This information may be valuable in generating leads, however, not everyone wants to be a sales prospect. In fact, exposed data online often leads to spam calls and unwanted emails. In the worst cases, this exposed private information can be a source of phishing attempts and other possible cybercrimes.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like FreeUSLeads:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from FreeUSLeads by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of FreeUSLeads Manually?
1) Navigate to FreeUSLeads homepage http://www.freeusleads.com/. Type in your last name and first name, then click Search.
2) Find your listing among the search results. Check first if this is yourself and not someone else with the same name or address. Click on the name to view the profile.
3) Once verified that the profile belongs to you, click on Remove the Record.
4) To submit a request, enter your name, email, and comment or reason for removal. Solve the captcha and click Submit. To finalize your request, click Click here to proceed.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Once submitted, FreeUSLeads immediately removes your record.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, yet important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.