In this post, we’ll cover what FreePeopleDirectory.com is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of FreePeopleDirectory.
What is FreePeopleDirectory.com?
FreePeopleDirectory.com is website that allows access to public records from phone indexes, property records, email databases, and consumer indexes belonging to a person anyone can search for anonymously. Simple searches using a name, address or phone number on the FreePeopleDirectory website provides detailed personal information on an individual.
If you are concerned about online privacy, Optery can help you scan and remove your exposed private information from websites like FreePeopleDirectory. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from FreePeopleDirectory.com?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like FreePeopleDirectory:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from FreePeopleDirectory by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of FreePeopleDirectory.com Manually?
1) Go to the FreePeopleDirectory.com homepage here: https://freepeopledirectory.com/. In order to opt out of FreePeopleDirectory, you will need to find your profile URL and enter it into the FreePeopleDirectory opt out form. Find your profile URL by using the search on the FreePeopleDirectory homepage. Enter your first and last name and the city and state where you live into the search fields, then click the SEARCH button.
2) Results of your search will appear in a new window. Find your personal report from the search results. Click the VIEW CONTACT INFO button on the right side of your report.
3) Your report details will appear. Copy your profile URL from the web address bar on the webpage. The image below indicates what to copy in the red rectangle.
5) An on screen notification will appear confirming your personal information has been removed from the FreePeopleDirectory.com website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.