FastBackgroundCheck: How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what FastBackgroundCheck is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck.
What is FastBackgroundCheck?
FastBackgroundCheck is a people search site that allows users to search for anyone’s information and receive a detailed report that includes current and past addresses, age, names of relatives, phone numbers, and email addresses. The website allows searches by name, phone number, or home address.
Your personal information can be sold to websites like FastBackgroundCheck, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Optery recently launched Optery for Business for business owners who want to cover the removal of their employees’ personal information from the internet. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to locate information that benefits both business owners – to reduce the risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information, and employees – for personal safety from identity theft that could be used and put the business at risk. Sign up now!
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like FastBackgroundCheck:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from FastBackgroundCheck by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck Manually?
1) First, navigate to FastBackgroundCheck’s opt-out page here: https://www.fastbackgroundcheck.com/opt-out.
2) Prior to removing your personal information from the site, you must complete the form provided. Enter your email address, check the agreement box and complete the security captcha. Then click Begin Removal Process. You must fill out the form before you can opt out. Submitting the form will enable an opt out option next to your personal record.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
3) Once your form has been submitted, search for your record by entering your full name, and the city, state or zip code where you live. Then click the FastBackgroundCheck button.
4) Scroll through the results to find your record, and click on your name.
5) A new window will appear. Click the Remove my record button under your name to remove your information.
6) An on-screen notification will appear stating that a confirmation email was sent to the email address you provided in the opt out form.
7) Check your email for an email message from FastBackgroundCheck. Open the email and click the verification link provided to complete your opt out.
8) FastBackgroundCheck will confirm the completion of your opt out request and remove your record within 72 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are still hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.