In this post, we’ll cover what FastBackgroundCheck is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck.
What is FastBackgroundCheck?
FastBackgroundCheck is a people search site that allows users to search for anyone’s information and receive a detailed report that includes current and past addresses, age, names of relatives, phone numbers, and email addresses. The website allows searches by name, phone number, or home address.
Your personal information can be sold to websites like FastBackgroundCheck, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Optery recently launched Optery for Business for business owners who want to cover the removal of their employees’ personal information from the internet. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to locate information that benefits both business owners – to reduce the risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information, and employees – for personal safety from identity theft that could be used and put the business at risk. Sign up now!
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from FastBackgroundCheck?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like FastBackgroundCheck:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from FastBackgroundCheck by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck Manually?
1) Go to the FastBackgroundCheck homepage here: https://www.fastbackgroundcheck.com/. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link.
2) Begin your opt out by entering your email address in the space provided, check the Agreement box, complete the security CAPTCHA and then click Begin Removal Process.
3) The next step in opting out is search for your record in order to remove it from the FastBackgroundCheck website. Enter your full name and the city, state and zip code of where you live into the search fields, then click the FastBackgroundCheck button.
4) Scroll through the search results and find your record. Click on your name or on the Free Public Records button located at the bottom of your record.
5) A new window will appear displaying detailed personal information about you. Click the Remove my record button under your name.
6) An on-screen notification will appear. Email verification is required to remove your record from the FastBackgroundCheck website. An email will be sent to the email address you provided in Step 2.
7) Check your email inbox for an email message from FastBackgroundCheck. Open the email and click the verification link provided to complete your opt out.
8) FastBackgroundCheck will confirm the completion of your opt out request and the record containing your personal information will be removed from the FastBackgroundCheck website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are still hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.