In this post, we’ll cover what BackgroundAlert is and Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of BackgroundAlert.
What is BackgroundAlert?
BackgroundAlert is a data broker that helps companies identify and connect with business professionals in their market. They acquire the personal information of over one billion Americans and resells the information to businesses and marketing firms. BackgroundAlert maintains a large database of consumer and tenant information, including data on credit reports, public records (like court orders), social security numbers, and financial records.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like BackgroundAlert:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from BackgroundAlert by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of BackgroundAlert Manually?
1) Go to https://backgroundalert.com/optout/. Once you are in, enter your First Name, Last Name and State. Then, click on the Search button.
2) Browse through the search result to find your listing and click That’s me button at the right side of the profile.
3) Enter your email address and click Next.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) Select which method you will follow in order to send your proof of identity. Click on the Next button.
5) Open the email sent to you by BackgroundAlert. Then, click on Confirm Opt-out.
6) Your profile will be removed from BackgroundAlert within 7 days.
Congratulations on Removing Yourself from BackgroundAlert!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of other People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.