In this post, we’ll cover what AtData is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of AtData.
What is AtData?
AtData, formerly known as TowerData, is a data company that provides marketers with information about consumers. According to their website, they claim to provide “an easy way to get the most accurate and current information about consumers.” AtData primarily collects data about your online activity. Some of the ways they collect data are through surveys, online forms, and cookies. They then sell this information to third-party advertisers who use it to create ads and marketing campaigns targeted at you.
There are several reasons why you might want to opt out of AtData. First, you may not want your personal data to be collected and sold without your consent. Second, you may not want to receive targeted ads based on your personal data. Finally, you may simply want to protect your privacy. If any of these reasons resonate with you, then we recommend that you opt out of AtData.
Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information from data broker sites. We cover more than 270 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan or upgrade to our paid subscription and let our opt-out Agents help you with the removals.
Follow the steps below to manually opt out of AtData.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like AtData:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from AtData by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of AtData Manually?
1) Navigate to AtData’s opt out page https://instantdata.atdata.com/optout. Fill in your email address, name, and complete postal address. Complete the captcha, then click Submit.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
2) After submitting your request, AtData immediately confirms the removal of your email and postal address from their records.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.