In this post, we’ll cover what Adstra is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Adstra.
What is Adstra?
Adstra was formerly known as American List Counsel (ALC). This data broker operates data management wherein they collect personal information such as name, mailing address, email, and telephone number. They also store your IP addresses and browsing activities while collecting data when you visit any website, app, or other digital media property. They provide access to all this data to their users.
Bonus tip: Optery recently launched Optery for Business for business owners who want to remove their employees’ personal information from the internet. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to find and suppress sensitive information in order to benefit both business owners and employees. Business owners are able to reduce the risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information. Moreover, their employees’ personal safety is secured from identity theft. Optery for business removes Personal Identifying Information that otherwise might be used to put the business at risk. Sign up now!
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like CyberBackgroundCheck:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from CyberBackgroundCheck by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Adstra Manually?
1) Navigate to the Adstra deletion request form page.
2) Fill out the form by typing in your information including your first name, last name, email address, country, city, state, and zip code. Verify the captcha then click Submit.
3) Check your email for a confirmation message then proceed by clicking the Confirm Email button.
4) An on-screen notification will appear that you have submitted your removal request successfully.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.